Re: LP printing problems

From: Dave Phillips
Subject: Re: LP printing problems
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 07:50:15 -0400

Anthony Youngman wrote:

I'm guessing you're in America. What size is your output pdf? A4? If it
is and you tell the printer to print unscaled, then you're losing the
bottom 2/3" of the page.

First way round that is to tell acrobat to "scale page to fit printer".
Second way is to look at the relevant section of the manual (section 10?
11?) which will tell you how to change the paper size to American
Letter.
Outstanding, thank you. Your suggestions worked perfectly, I'm now completely happy with the printout. (And yes, I'm in the US.)

As for making everything bigger, change the font size. There's a section
in the manual on doing exactly that - scaling the output for scores,
whatever. Look up "feta" - it might well be in the index, or search the
pdf manual for it. It'll be obvious when you've found the right section,
there's a table of the different font sizes and what they're recommended
for.

I had been looking at the wrong page. Now I understand how to do what I want. My thanks to you and Paul Scott for this information.

LP rules. :)

Best,

dp