pasting lilypond output into a Word document

From: Jon Wild
Subject: pasting lilypond output into a Word document
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 18:48:33 -0400 (EDT)

I'm in a Windows environment at the moment, and I'm adding music examples rendered by Lilypond to a Word document. I'm getting quite low printout quality. I'm copying the music from the pdf file (using the "snapshot tool" in Adobe Reader 7.0 while viewing at 100%, then drawing a marquee around what I want copied, which sends the selection to the clipboard) and pasting into the Word document. The selection is not so large that Word has to reduce it to fit the page. But the result looks much worse than if I print the pdf file directly.

Is there a better way to do this? Many thanks, again.

--Jon Wild