Re: non-numeric bar "numbers"

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: non-numeric bar "numbers"
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:08:44 +0200

Paul Scott wrote:

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

It shouldn't be hard to make a modified version of one of the standard
functions format-mark-alphabet, format-mark-numbers, ... that are available
in LilyPond and use
\set Score.markFormatter = #whatever-I-call-my-own-fancy-formatter
However, the automatic incrementation of the number is implemented in
C++ today and only handles a single counter, so if you want two of them
(I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want), you would probably have to handle the other counter as a property that is read and set by your formatter
function.

Since in unicode B comes after A that same incrementer *might* be usable.

That's the way it works today when you use \mark \default and use the
default setting of markFormatter.

  /Mats