Re: Redefining Staff.instr

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: Re: Redefining Staff.instr
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 21:16:51 +0300

Paul Scott <address@hidden> writes:
> Either way it's good to use \markup to let the player know at the end
> of the section for one instrument that s/he needs to change
> instruments.  As a doubler I have never missed the feature Kieren has
> sponsored (not that the feature isn't a very useful feature) because
> the player often needs to be warned as soon as possible and may even
> not notice the instrument name at the beginning of the line.  This
> feature would be very useful for the score but the parts don't usually
> get labelled on every line.

The score I am typesetting does indicate (with ^\markup) when the
player must switch from one instrument to another. This, however,
brings me to my next question: how can I underline markup strings? The
instructions to move to another instrument are underlined. I've
searched the manual, but it gives only bold and italicizing.