Re: Dotted chords issue? (was Re: Sponsored feature request--horizontal

From: Steve Doonan
Subject: Re: Dotted chords issue? (was Re: Sponsored feature request--horizontal space)
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 17:30:51 -0600

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 01:06:33AM +0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Steve D wrote:
>
> >Thank you for your reply Han-Wen. When Mats Bengtsson mentioned that my
> >previously attached GIF which illustrated some crowded dotted eigth-note
> >chords looked like it might be a bug, I decided to take those same notes
> >out of the context of my piano piece and piano staff, and place them in
> >a minimal LilyPond file. In that new context, with the same notes and
> >chords, the dots are not crowded for some reason. I have attached a GIF
> >graphic of this lilypond file:
>
> they're not crowded because the spacing in your example is looser.
> You'll see the problem again if you turn down the linewidth.

In that case, if you are willing to work on this issue, I will be happy
to sponsor the work when you feel like doing it. ;-)

Thank you for your attention, Han-Wen.

Steve
The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is
inefficiency.  an efficient bureaucracy is the greatest threat to
liberty.  -Eugene McCarthy