Re: Finally I found out about "\myStaffSize 20"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Finally I found out about "\myStaffSize 20"
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 23:02:39 -0700

Eyolf Ostrem wrote:
In the end, after some trial and error with Kruler and Kcalc, I found the solution, which, as it turned out, is ridiculously simple, but obscure:

- myStaffSize is a random variable name. It can be changed to 'bolg' in both places, and it still works. - If set-global-staff-size is changed, \myStaffSize (or \bolg) should be changed to the same value. - AND - most importantly: "20" should remain the same. Apparently, it's a hard-coded default value against which all other font size modifications are measured. Why this has to be so, eludes me, but I'm sure there is a good reason for it. But I think it would be a good idea to include these points in the manual. It would have saved me - and I guess also others - a lot of confusion.

Yes, this does sound like useful info.  Please see
http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding

Cheers,
- Graham