Re: [somewhat-OT] tweaking Lilypond PS/PDF output in (e.g.) Illustrator

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: [somewhat-OT] tweaking Lilypond PS/PDF output in (e.g.) Illustrator
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:42:06 +0200

Am 2006-08-30 um 01:57 schrieb Trevor Bača:

Also, did you ever go the EPS route when you were importing to
Illustrator, or do you always import PDF? (Because it seems like
forcibly embedding in an EPS might be a more reliable way of
proceding, so I was curious if there's a reason to go the PDF route
instead.)

If a program supports PDF sufficiently, then it's the better way! (PDF contains more useful information than EPS.) I wouldn't trust Quark's PDF import, but had nearly never problems with InDesign. (I do such for a living...)

There should be no reason to use any EPS with InDesign! (Even complicated Photoshop pictures with paths, duplex etc. work better as PSD than as EPS!)

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm