Repeat Alternatives w/o Repeat Bar

From: David A. Greene
Subject: Repeat Alternatives w/o Repeat Bar
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 00:18:55 -0500

Is it possible to typeset volta-style alternatives without generating
a repeat bar?  I'm typesetting an SATB score and would like it to look
something like this:
                   | To verses           || To coda            |
 ... notes | notes | notes  verse pickup || notes  coda pickup
             D.C.         D.C.
    || verse one || verse two || coda |.

Hopefully that makes sense.  I'm looking at a choir book and this is
how it's typeset there.

Anyone done this before?

                              -Dave