Re: Half-sheet music

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Half-sheet music
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:42:08 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, the most important part in the end is to get LilyPond to output your
desired document size as seen on the "print preview" dialog in Adobe Reader
(this dialog shows both the document and paper sizes).  Getting document
size correct will allow you to incorporate the headings, etc. with no need
for laborious after-fudging of the lilypond output.

If your system fails to recognize the new form name or your printer wont
handle the cut sheets is an entirely different problem (more of a nuisance
because you can always load larger paper with a recognized form name and cut
the sheets after printing).  But the Adobe document size must be correct for
lily to "fit the page" and for any outputting to PNG to also have the proper
graphic dimension.  This is why adding the new form to your systems print
server is important, even though you may not physically print to that form
at print time, lily will base the document size upon that form at compile
time.