Re: hyphens and spacing lyrics

From: Trent Johnston
Subject: Re: hyphens and spacing lyrics
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:15:27 +1000

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 12:55 PM
Subject: hyphens and spacing lyrics

I don't like hyphens disappearing in the lyrics. How can I force them to stay in the lyrics. Also the lyrics are too close, they almost run into one another like one long word. I'm sure there must be a spacing command.

Daniel Boronka

Hi Daniel,

I use this from the opening page 7.3 Vocal music: not only does it keep the lyrics between the bars but also tends to space the music so all hyphens are showing.

\layout {
  \context {
    \Lyrics
      \consists "Bar_engraver"
      \consists "Separating_line_group_engraver"
      \override BarLine #'transparent = ##t
Trent