Re: Using Slurs in Scheme Music Functions

From: pounderd
Subject: Re: Using Slurs in Scheme Music Functions
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 12:38:12 -0700

Thanks for that.

I checked the 2.9.x manual and found an example function which slurs an
expression
with a copy of itself. I managed to adapt this to slur two different expressions
together and called it from my original function. It works, now that I've
fixed the other deliberate bugs in my code...

The example in the manual wouldn't work at first - Lilypond just died quietly
with no error messages at all. Changing #(def-music-function to
#(define-music-function
sorted it though. Is this a typo?  I was puzzled before about the difference
between the two.

>You can write a '(' only after a literal note, not after a variable:
>"\myVariable (" ==> parse error
>
>You'll have to manually build the music expression: try using
>\displayMusic to find out what to do (some examples are described in the
>manual).
>
>nicolas

Tiscali Broadband from 14.99 with free setup!