Re: Preventing page breaks

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Preventing page breaks
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:51:30 -0700 (PDT)

Also make sure you are aware of the system-count property available.
Generally I set the between-system-padding to 1 (to negate it) then just
adjust the between-system-space and system-count parameters until the music
is nicely flowed down the whole page.  (between-system-padding comes into
play more on subequent pages)

try/experiment with these parameters added to the \paper and \layout blocks:

\paper {
between-system-padding = #1
between-system-space = #10 % adjust to taste
}

\layout {
ragged-right = ##f
ragged-last = ##f
ragged-bottom = ##t
ragged-last-bottom = ##t
system-count = #5 % adjust to taste
}

Adjusting these settings you will discover the point where it "pops" onto 2
pages, then just back off from there to get it all on one page.  (of coure
if staff and font sizes allow it all on one page)

Rick