Re: M.M.

From: Steve D
Subject: Re: M.M.
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:44:12 -0600

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 08:29:46AM -0400, Palmer, Ralph wrote:
> Greetings -
> Is there any simple way to indicate "approximate" with the M.M. (Maelzel
> or metronome Mark)? For example, using a tilde (~) instead of an equal
> sign (=), or inserting "c." (circa) before the per-minute number?

I use variations of the following in my pieces, in the header {} block:

piece = \markup { \bold "Andantino (" \tiny \note #"4" #0.75
    \normalsize " = 85-115" \bold ")" }

Which produces the output in the attached png graphic:

-sd
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and
the intelligent are full of doubt. -Bertrand Russell