Re: Lyric extender is missing

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lyric extender is missing
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 20:42:48 +0200

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2006-05/msg00008.html
However, in your example I also had to use different names for the
Staff context "women" and Voice context "women". The resulting
\score{...} block could look like:
\score {

  <<

     \new ChoirStaff <<

        \new Staff = womenStaff <<

           \new Voice = "women" { << \womenMusic >> }

        \new Lyrics = "women" { s1 }

        \new Lyrics = "altoWords" { s1 }

        \new Staff = men <<

           \new Voice = "men" { << \menMusic >> }

        \new Lyrics = "men" { s1 }

        \new Lyrics = "bassWords" { s1 }

\context Lyrics = sopranoWords {\set alignAboveContext = #"womenStaff" \lyricsto sopranoMusic \sopranoWords }

  /Mats

Holly Briscoe wrote:

Arvid helped me out with one of the problems I had with lyric extenders in the
thread

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-09/msg00560.html

where the lyric extender went too far.

I'm reposting this other problem separately, hoping that someone will have a solution. The
sopranos' "thee" is held for the last four measures of this cut-down portion of the
score. There is no extender line though. The basses' "thee," doing exactly the same
thing, DOES have the proper extender line.

Ly file:
http://home.earthlink.net/~thebestjobever/MissingExtender.htm

The PDF file does not display properly for me in Mozilla Firefox--it's at the
same address as above, but with .pdf on the end, of course.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Holly

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing