Crowded output

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: Crowded output
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 14:50:47 +0000

I am writing in a style lately that has separate score commands for introduction, verse 1 etc.

I have an 8 bar intro witht he folowing voices: guitar, guitar tab, chords/rhythm, bass. There is not problem getting these to play with each other. The problem is purely cosmetic: The entire 8 bars is showing on one line and I'd like it to be more readable and span 2 lines.

At first I found an awkward work-around: I placed a measure of rest at the beginning...could of construed that as the drummer clicking it off. But when I found a slight mistake in one part it evidently resulted in an internal calculation saying put this on one line.

Tried to look for likely overrides in the 2.6 documentation (I'm using 2.6.5) but really didn;t see anything. I'll keep looking, but if there is a way to nudge the start of a score over a few centimeters that would seem to make the thing work like I want.

Thanks!

Get today's hot entertainment gossip  http://movies.msn.com/movies/hotgossip