Newbie Question about cadenzas

From: Silouan
Subject: Newbie Question about cadenzas
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:23:44 -0700 (PDT)

I've just started learning Lilypond and am very excited about the
possibilities!  What I am trying to do is to typeset music that we use in
our church services (Greek Orthodox).  The entire service is a cadenza!
Everything (so far) is working well, except that I can't seem to find how to
insert a bar line at particular points in the service.  I've searched to no
avail.  Can anyone tell me, please, how to insert bars at manual places in a
cadenza? Here's what I have so far.  I'm willing to make any changes
suggested; I've pieced this together from the documentation and some things
I've found on the net.  Many thanks in advance!

Silouan

\version "2.6.3"

melody = \relative c' { \clef alto
        \cadenzaOn c4 c d2 ( e2 ) c4 c c c d e f2 \cadenzaOff \bar "|"
        \cadenzaOn e4 e e e e e d2 c1 \cadenzaOff \bar "|"
}

text = \lyricmode {
        In Thy king __ dom re -- mem -- ber us, O Lord,
        when Thou com -- est in Thy king -- dom.
}

\header {
        title ="The Beatitudes"
        subtitle = "1st Tone"