Re: I would like to buy this enhancement (highly motivated buyer)

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: I would like to buy this enhancement (highly motivated buyer)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:22:02 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the suggestion Mats.

My motivation for this is that I am currently writing some lesson material
that reference full scores and would like to make a nice word processor
document that flows, with illustrations embedded in the text, and the text
flows around the illustrations, etc. (an old school typography look with no
grids or tables).  Something that really looks nice and has an "artful" use
of typography and imbedded illustrations.  I found that I needed dozens of
music snippets from the original, and was wasting a lot of time massaging my
already-completed-just-fine scores to put the excerpted notes into dedicated
variables for re-use, tags, skiptypesetting, etc.  Times having to do that
for all the vertical staffs, lyrics, chord names, across the needed
measures, amplified the work.

Finally I threw my hands up in frustration and thought of how I would make
such a document using just a simple typewriter and xActo knife.

All I really needed was a way to tell my score to also create some snippets
of itself and deposit those results into stable file names that my Word
document references.  This way I can keep things in-synch easily, because
the Word document references, (does not imbed), the actual snippet files, so
they are always up to date in the Word processor just by recompiling the
score when changes occur there.

I'm open to any suggestions for improving the workflow I've described.