Re: Polyphonic Tablature

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Polyphonic Tablature
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:48:13 +0200

Daniel Tonda wrote:
Just revised the code I proposed and you're right. I wasn't aware that by using << >> one could remove the \simultaneous. Less typing indeed.
Right! \simultaneous{...} is completely equivalent to <<...>>
Actually, the following is exactly equivalent to your example:
\version "2.9.19"

VoiceANotes = \relative {
fis8 a, d fis e fis, ais <cis e>
VoiceBNotes = \relative {
d,2 cis

Notation = <<
\time 4/4
\clef "G_8"
\key d \major
\context Voice=VoiceA \VoiceANotes
\context Voice=VoiceB \VoiceBNotes

Tablature = <<
\time 4/4
\override TabStaff.Stem #'transparent = ##t %% Makes stems transparent
\override TabStaff.Beam #'transparent = ##t %% Makes beams transparent
\context TabVoice=TabVoiceA \VoiceANotes
\context TabVoice=TabVoiceB \VoiceBNotes

\score {
\context StaffGroup <<
  \context Staff=FullNotation \Notation
  \context TabStaff=FullTab \Tablature