The importance of a graphical interface.

From: César Penagos
Subject: The importance of a graphical interface.
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 00:44:50 +0000 (UTC)

Dears Lilyponders:
I'm a very in-love user of Lilypond, actually I have installed the 2.9.26
version. I'm attend to update my preferred music score program.
For many times i sow  in the user archives, people asking for a graphical
interface. I thing there is a powerful reason.
When you are "copying" a score, no matter with the instruments, or instrument
colors in your orchestral score. Every musician knows what instrument will be
the  most appropriate for the voice that is writing. As the case as the
composers that can try every instrument they want.
The very real problems comes when you want to arrange a piece; and you need to
see the balance of the instrumentation in your score. Every body knows that the
simple way is to assign the first and second voices to the violins I and II,
the third or tenor voice to the violas and the basses to cellos and contrabass.
It is Ok for very small arrange using the strings, but when you add woods,and
winds you must be carefully what you are doing if don't want undesirable result.
If you don't take care of the balance in the use of instruments your score will
sound recharged, very dense.
For this reason you have to be alert whit your instrumentation, and I hope that
in the very close future some of the very smart people in Lilypond team takes
the time to construct an a graphical interface for your great program.
When this happens Finale, Sibelius etc, etc, etc. Will have to close their
companies, because nobody will buy their expensiveness programs.
I don't know if is the nature of the program that can't permit  an interface,
but I'm taking the voice of all the people that really needs an interface to
properly works in a score.
An example would be the ABCedit editor from Prof.Coolgeem, is very nice and
usable
Please!! consider this.

Cheer's

César Penagos.