question about midi2ly (mac osx)

From: Peter O'Doherty
Subject: question about midi2ly (mac osx)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 09:53:47 +0100

I would be very grateful if some one could give me some pointers on using midi2ly; I keep getting an error message in terminal. Here is what I do:

The first command I enter is:

That seems to work okay and I get a list of instructions for using midi2ly. But at the end of this list there appears this message:

/Applications/ error: no files specified on command line.

From then on if I try to used midi2ly, for example by entering:

midi2ly -e test.midi

I receive only error messages like this (even if I only look for help by entering midi2ly -h):

-bash: midi2ly: command not found

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks,