Re: Selling music engraved by Lilypond

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: Selling music engraved by Lilypond
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:33:59 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Frédéric Chiasson <address@hidden> writes

I just saw a message about the tagline "Engraved by Lilypond" and I was
wondering if it is legal to sell our own partitions of our own compositions
engraved with Lilypond? Is there any limitation you put against a ‹commercial›
use (for now, it is really ‹on the side› but still...)?

Lilypond is, I suspect :-) licensed under the GPL. One of the consequences of that is that what you do with the program is your own business. Including selling music to which you own the copyright.

Certainly, your work as engraved by Lilypond has no copyright obligations to the Lilypond project. And, as a gnu project, what you do with the program is none of the developers' business.

Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden