Re: lily doc in french ?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: lily doc in french ?
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:58:04 +0100

Le mercredi 22 novembre 2006 à 07:18 +0100, Guy Durrieu a écrit :
> I could help for this translation, although I have no clear idea now
> about  the technical aspects.

You need at least an utf-8 text editor, preferably with syntax
highlighting for Texinfo (the source format of the docs), like vim or
emacs. If you want to help maintaining the translation too, you need a
Unix shell box with the revision control system git, Make and Python.

> Maintaining the translation is, in my opinion, a major aspect.

Yes, but we already have experience with lilypond.org translation, so
the real problem is the need of enough people to maintain the
translation. Moreover, the game could not only be translation, but also
improving the docs and translate back to English these improvements.

John Mandereau <address@hidden>