Multiple sections in ChoirStaff

From: Joseph Haig
Subject: Multiple sections in ChoirStaff
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:35:56 +0000

I am trying to adapt the example in D.4.1 (SATB vocal score) of the
user manual to allow for separate sections using different music and
word.  So, for example, the sections of the music should be deffined
as:

sopMusicPartA = \relative c'' {
  c4 c c8[( b)] c4
}
sopWordsPartA = \lyricmode {
  hi hi hi hi
}
sopMusicPartB = \relative c'' {
  a4 a a8[( f)] a4
}
sopWordsPartB = \lyricmode {
  ho ho ho ho
}

etc.  Then, Part B should follow on from Part A (for example, a verse
and chorus).  I have managed to get the music to be placed correctly,
but I have so far had no success getting the words of Part B appearing
anywhere, let alone with the correct music.  Is there an example
anywhere showing this being done?  Also, can someone please explain
the significance of the "{ s1 }" in the "\new Lyrics" lines?  I cannot
find any reference to this anywhere in the manual.

Thanks,

Joe