Re: Setting lyrics to an invisible note?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Setting lyrics to an invisible note?
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:15:34 +0100

Did you try to search for "invisible notes" or "transparent notes" or "hidden notes"
in the index of the manual?

Geoff Horton wrote:
Working with reciting tones again....

Say I've got a line of text like this:

The first words; now the second words

I want the words all sung on the same pitch, and I want it shown only
once, with the first words. But the harmonies change on the word
"now", so I need a second, invisible, melodic note for them to align
to. Is there an easy way to do this?

lilypond-user mailing list

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing