convert-ly, musicxml2ly, etc. problems

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: convert-ly, musicxml2ly, etc. problems
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:55:42 -0800 (PST)

I must be missing something very simple, but I've been beating a dead horse
for the past few weeks trying to get convert-ly and other utilities to run
on Windows XP.

>From te command prompt I change directory to "C:\Program
Files\LilyPond\usr\bin" which is where lilyponfd is installed, but when I
enter convert-ly on the command line Windows says it is not recognized as a
command.  Probably because there is no file extension on the file named

Shouldn't this program be named convert-ly.exe?  So that it will run when
you tell it to run like any other program.  I must be missing something very
simple as I am using the instructions in section 13.3 of the manual, so I
thought it's time to just ask someone how to do it.