Re: LilyPond 2.4.6 for cygwin?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.4.6 for cygwin?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:40:04 +0100

Since the error message complains about feta20.afm, it has nothing directly
to do with ec-fonts-mftraced. Rather, I suspect that you have teTeX 3 installed, which is a bit more picky about where font related files are located, compared to earlier teTeX versions, see http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg23601.html
for example. However, when browsing the mailing list archives, I get the
impression that this problem should have been solved already in LilyPond
2.4.5. Maybe you just have to run the command
texhash
to refresh the file name database to make it work again.

  /Mats

Thomas Scharkowski wrote:
Thank you,
but I need version 2.4.6. (BTW I normally use the newest Windows version). The mail archives showed several similar problems (can't find feta...) and maybe the solution is to get an older version of ec-
fonts-mftraced (1.0.2). Is there any chance?

Thomas
You could do the following: install 2.6.5-1 for Windows from http://lilypond.org/web/install/older-versions
and run it from Cygwin. This is perhaps easier.

Fred

Thomas Scharkowski a écrit :
"Thomas Scharkowski" <address@hidden> writes:
Is there any chance to reinstall 2.4.6?
When you run Cygwin's setup.exe, it first downloads all packages to be
installed.  If you did not delete those, they are still on your hard
disk.

Jan.
Thank you, I managed to reinstall 2.4.6-1 from my harddisk, but when running, I get the following message:
--
error: can't find 'feta20.afm'
Music font has not been installed properly. Aborting

I remember having seen this message before, and that there was a solution, but this was quite long ago and I don't remember.
Can anyone help?

Thank you
Thomas

        Mats Bengtsson