MIDI help

From: Frank Herzberg
Subject: MIDI help
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 15:42:27 +0100

A newbie, I downloaded v.2.10.0.1 yesterday and was delighted about my first
notation, the beginning of Bach's invention I:

\version "2.10.0"

\new PianoStaff <<
\new Staff { \clef treble r16 c' d' e' f' d' e' c' g'8 c'' b'\prall c'' d''16 g'
a' b' c'' a' b' g' d''8 g'' f''\prall g''}
\new Staff { \clef bass r2 r16 c d e f d e c g8 g, r4 r16 g a b c' a b g }

I've got the correct pdf and a ps output but never a MIDI file. What's wrong? I
added the \midi {} command at the end in many different ways but nothing worked.
Always get the error message "ly:12:0: Fehler: syntax error, unexpected \midi
\midi {} " followed by "ly:13:0: Fehler: syntax error, unexpected '}'". Running
a copied *.ly file including the midi command which I found here in the forum,
worked properly.
I know, there certainly is a real simple solution but I gave up. Is there s.o.
who could please complement the above file in the correct way to yield also a
MIDI output?

And the other way round: do I need a plug-in or so to enter notes via a Master
keyboard?

Many thanx

Frank