Re: Wikis [was: Re: Tutorial]

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Wikis [was: Re: Tutorial]
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 20:16:33 +0100

Quoting Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:

Well, my problems mostly come from the fact I don't always know the
right English word for what I'm looking for...

I hope you have seen the Music glossary, included in the LilyPond
documentation.

-a little box with a simple "search" button would be welcome on
Lilypond.org, I really can tell you. Maybe it isn't the point to have
some of those roaring websites, with complicated CMS, stylesheets,
interface etc., but just a simple integrated search function ; is it
possible to think about it ?

There is a search function, at the bottom of www.lilypond.org, even though one of the problems with it is that it often lists links to old versions of the manual first.

You see, I understand LilyPond docs are very well organized. But we
average users (and newbies) are not _that_ rational. Sometimes,
navigating through tutorial, documentation, sections, sub-sections and
so on can be longer and more difficult (no matter how "logical" it can
be)  than just typing a keyword and letting the computer find it for
you.

I also hope you have found the index of the manual (it seems that many people miss it (partly since it's called "LilyPond index" for
silly technical reasons).

  /Mats