Re: newbie questions

From: luis jure
Subject: Re: newbie questions
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:39:17 -0300

thank you very much mats for your prompt and detailed answer! i'll try
to upgrade soon to 2.10.3 (out yesterday!) and look at the examples you
mention.

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> escribió:

> It seems that all three of your problems would classify as bugs or at
> least as requests for enhancements, so I send them to the
> bug-lilypond mailing list.

thank you, i wasn't aware there was a bug list, and anyway i still
don't know if something is a bug or my mistake.

> When looking at your .ly file, I noticed that you don't use the
> \repeat feature to typeset repeats.

indeed, i wasn't aware of that, i'm just beginning to read the manual.
i'm still pretty much confused about the structure of the documents, i
just write everything in a linear sort of way and it gets rendered. but
i don't understand yet how to organize things. i have more questions
coming.

now another issue in my previous example: to my eyes many of the stems
are too short. that might be a matter of taste, the problem is that in
many places accidentals collide with beams. for example m. 1 and 2 (see
png attached), but in other measures too.

that's all for now.

best,

lj