tuplet brackets attached to lyrics

From: Monk Panteleimon
Subject: tuplet brackets attached to lyrics
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 10:14:18 -0500

Hello.

I wonder if anyone has a better way to do what I've done in snippet below, i.e.
to attach tuplet brackets to lyrics in sections where notes are hidden.
I had hoped to do this in \layout like this:
\layout { \context { \Lyrics \consists Tuplet_engraver } }
But it didn't work, so I tried adding
\override TupletBracket #'bracket-visibility = ##t
and that didn't help either.
Here's what I finally did.

\version "2.10.2"
\score { \context Staff << \relative c'
                { \hideNotes g'4
                \override TupletBracket #'extra-offset = #'(-.5 . -7)
                \override TupletNumber #'extra-offset = #'(-.5 . -7)
                \times 2/3 { g g g } g
                        }
        \context Lyrics \lyricmode  {
        la4 \times 2/3 { la4 la la } la
                        }

\layout{ ragged-last = ##t }
        }

%%%THE END
If there *is a way to get them to print as part of the \Lyrics context, I'd
like to know about it.
[8^)>
By the way, the suggestions for spacing the ison-letters were both very good.
Thanks a lot.

Fr. P