Re: Absolute Beginners

From: Manuel
Subject: Re: Absolute Beginners
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 22:56:52 +0100

Am 25/12/2006 um 22:40 schrieb Cameron Horsburgh:

How about "Don't worry about the accidentals. for now. We'll come to
those in a moment."

I just posted a version including:

"Don't worry just yet about the naturals. We'll explain them when we come to talk about keys."

Which one would you prefer?

You change the clef changing the denomination "treble" for

You're using "denomination" here (and elsewhere) in a way that is not
common in English.

Would you please suggest an appropiate term?

Perhaps the simplest solution would be the best -- instead of
'denomination' try 'word'. The closest thing I can think of that might
mean 'denomination' is label, but that's not quite correct in this
instance and could be confusing when the reader starts to learn about
contexts.

I have now made this change. But what about "term"?

Perhaps, "... see what happens. Try whatever you like -- if LilyPond
doesn't understand what you've written it will stop and try to tell
you why. If that happens, have a look through your file and try to see
if there are any obvious mistakes -- missing braces, misspelled words
etc."

Let me think about this some.

Manuel