Re: midi2ly doesn't respect the --key

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: midi2ly doesn't respect the --key
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:38:20 -0800

Laura Conrad wrote:
"Graham" == Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:

    Graham> I'm not surprised; MIDI files only specifies the pitch number, not
the
    Graham> actual note (i.e. bes and ais are both note 58).  midi2ly is not
Graham> intelligent enough to pick notes out of the same key.
Then what does the --key feature do?

Oops, sorry. I confess that I wrote the above without actually having a clue.

 If it doesn't decide that note
58 is a bes in F major but an ais in B major, what does it do?

It looks like it _is_ supposed to do that. There's some code in the script that claims to do this, but I'm not certain if it's correct.

Could you construct a minimal example of this problem so I can add it to the bug tracker?

- Graham