One-line examples for each entry in 12.1.7 "Overview of available music

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: One-line examples for each entry in 12.1.7 "Overview of available music functions"?
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 20:03:58 -0600

Hi Graham,

Looking up the syntax for \pitchedTrill this evening, I had a thought.

How about one-line examples for each entry in 12.1.7 "Overview of
available music functions"? Each entry in the overview would then look
something like ...

 pitchedTrill - main-note (music) [\startTrillSpan] secondary-note
(music) next-note (music)
 \pitchedTrill c'4 \startTrillSpan d' c'4
 [pic of resulting output]

... which comprises the following three parts ...

 < parameter listing >
 < working one-line example >
 < pic of resulting output >

The fixmes make it clear that 12.1.7 is a work in progress, which is
cool. Seems like that section will wind up being particularly useful
as it complete. Also seems like we could make it even more useful with
one-liners.

What do you think? This seems like a fun project for almost anybody
who's interested in helping out with the docs since the only thing
required is writing and testing a series of one-line examples  (so not
something that should create work for you while you're managing the
bug repository).

If you agree then maybe we could also ask for volunteers to produce
the same type of one-line examples for 8.1.6 "Overview of text markup
commands"? (The example for \filled-box is exactly the sort of thing
I'm thinking ... just to ask for a volunteer to cover all the
entries.)

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden