Re: how to stop an accidental from being printed?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: how to stop an accidental from being printed?
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 09:38:16 +0100

See the section on "Accidentals".

  /Mats

Ted Walther wrote:
I was entering Erik Satie's piece "Vexations" which is heavy on
accidentals.  In front of the sharps and flats, lilypond puts a (*)
symbol, where * represents the "natural" accidental.  This gets
annoying.  Is there a way to turn it off?  I just want the accidentals
themselves to be shown;  if you go from bes to bis, I'll assume that it
is relative to b; no need to put b-natural symbol in front of the sharp
symbol.

Also, in Sacred Harp music, the sixth note of the minor scale is played
sharp, but this should not show up in the printed music.  Is there a way
to hide the accidental and stop it from being printed on the sixth note?

Ted

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems