Using the same hspace/time ratio in different line (was: using bold or s

From: Davide Benini
Subject: Using the same hspace/time ratio in different line (was: using bold or smallcaps in lyrics in lilypond-book )
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 17:49:09 +0100

Thanks Karl,
your example was a good start. However, I noticed that removing the Staff_Engraver, I ended up without measure bars; so I did this:

  \layout {
    raggedright = ##t
    indent = 0.0\mm
    \context {
      \Staff
      \override StaffSymbol #'transparent = ##t
      \remove Clef_engraver

Now I have a couple of more question, that just popped out.
1) I added a second line to my transcription; I did it inserting a second \score group (with it \new Staff, \addlyrics and \layout subgroups). Is this the proper way to do it? Is any line of music + lyrics a single score? Or should I put a command to interrupt a line, like \\ in latex? Sorry, this is probably a dumb question, but I am still new to lilypond and its hierarchies...

2) I would like my two lines of music to be aligned vertically following the tempo; I mean, horizontal space/time should be the same. So, in the case of two lines,
g8 g4 g8
and
g8 g4 g8
the note should be in 3 columns; I hope this is clear.
I need this because I am trying to show graphically the rhythm of prose.
Thanks in advance,
Davide

Karl wote
\version "2.10.1"

#(set-global-staff-size 14)
\score {
  \new Staff {
    \time 12/8
    \partial 8
    \relative g' {
      g8 g4 g8 g4 g8 g4 g8 g8 g8 g8  g4 g8 g4 g8 g4
  \addlyrics{
    Some \markup\bold TIME She \markup\bold USED to \markup\bold PUT
    me \markup\bold THROUGH the re -- \markup\bold SPON -- se sof the
    \markup\bold MASS
  }
  \layout {
    raggedright = ##t