Re: How tell LaTeX where to find LP?

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: How tell LaTeX where to find LP?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 23:15:50 +0100

> I tried to copy the "example of a musicological document" from chapter
> 13 in the documentation into LaTeX (I use TexShop 2.09d, if that helps)
> and get an error: Latex does not know what to do with the command
> lilypond.

I have a complete example at [1],
all.lytex is my top document and I make the result with

    this will run lilypond and give latex something it can work with

$ lilypond-book --psfonts all.lytex

    this takes the output from above and do what usually does

$ latex all

    to make postscript files you need to add the -h all.psfons

$ dvips -h all.psfonts all.dvi

So, you don't tell latex where to find lilypond, you run lilypond-book
which gives latex something to work on.

Regards
/Karl

http://aspodata.se/noter/victoria/