Re: Multi-page SVG file

From: Vincent
Subject: Re: Multi-page SVG file
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:22:57 +0000 (UTC)

> Does anyone know enough about SVG and/or Inkscape to tell me how
> can I manipulate a multi-page score in SVG with Inkscape or an
> another program?

Inkscape doesn't support multipage documents yet. But you can do
it manually by using the XML editor of Inkscape. It brings you a
tree view with all the objects in the drawing, and each page is
a node in the tree. You can drag and drop the page 1 node to a
upper level and delete the nodes for the remaining pages. Then
if you close the XML editor you'll see the first page displaying :-)

Save it as my-score-page1.svg and re-open the original my-score.svg
file. Repeat the steps above for page 2, 3, etc.

It's a poor's man solution, but unless your score has a lots of pages,
it's a solution after all... :-)

Gretings,

Vincent