[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ps and pdf question
Anthony W. Youngman
Re: ps and pdf question
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 07:41:09 +0000
In message <address@hidden>, Karl Hammar
And IME (and I stress IME) pdf doesn't do what it says on the tin,
anyway! In other words, it does NOT print accurately. I would LIKE to be
able to print an A4 pdf on a sheet of A4 paper. It seems to me, however,
that whatever I do, Acrobat always sticks the top left corner of the pdf
in the top left corner of the printable area of the paper.
Anybody who wants to play tricks with ps files (and I am occasionally
one of them) is free to invoke lilypond --ps, so this is a red herring.
I agree with Laura: we should treat the .ps files are temporary and
delete them. I have a script that does this automatically, but I think
that deleting the .ps files is a good default option. Most users don't
want ps, and many users who investigate the ps files won't know how to
deal with them properly. Anybody who really wants a ps file can invoke
What is the big deal with pdf?
From what I understand is that they are "portable", but most pdf's I
get from others does not show up good or at all in gv, xpdf or evince.
It seems that they are "portable" in the sens that work with ths latest
For me, pdf means trouble. Why should I ever want to produce pdf's?
And btw, the pdf's produces by current lilypond does not print either
on my (postscript) printer.
Okay, that could well be down to crappy Windows drivers, and it could
well work properly in *nix, but on Windows I either get a slightly
smaller image than I should, or my top and left margins are slightly too
(I don't normally give a monkeys about this, but other people might...)
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden
Re: ps and pdf question, Karl Hammar, 2007/01/13
- Re: ps and pdf question, (continued)
- Re: ps and pdf question, Gilles Sadowski, 2007/01/13
- Re: ps and pdf question, Roland Goretzki, 2007/01/13
- Re: ps and pdf question, Werner LEMBERG, 2007/01/13
- Re: ps and pdf question, Gilles Sadowski, 2007/01/14
- Re: ps and pdf question, Johan Vromans, 2007/01/14
- Re: ps and pdf question, Karl Hammar, 2007/01/14
- Re: ps and pdf question, Mats Bengtsson, 2007/01/14
- Re: ps and pdf question,
Anthony W. Youngman <=
- Re: ps and pdf question, Mats Bengtsson, 2007/01/19
- Re: ps and pdf question, Anthony W. Youngman, 2007/01/19
- Re: ps and pdf question, Johan Vromans, 2007/01/19