Re: sprechgesang

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: sprechgesang
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:02:03 +0100

Now, I was excited about a solution and I've come up with this:

\relative {
\override Voice.Stem #'stencil = #(lambda (grob) (ly:stencil-combine-at-edge (ly:stem::print grob) 1 1 (ly:text-interface::print grob) -3 0)) \override Voice.Stem #'text = \markup { \hspace #-1.075 \teeny \musicglyph #"noteheads.s2cross" }
c4 d8

The hard part was that I had find that
ly:stencil-combine-at will combine to print functions into one stencil.
Then it was easier to try the parameters.

This is good only for stem ups.
For stem downs, you only need to change the direction parameter in ly:stencil-combine-at-edge:

\override Voice.Stem #'stencil = #(lambda (grob) (ly:stencil-combine-at-edge (ly:stem::print grob) 1 -1 (ly:text-interface::print grob) -3 0))

This stencil-combine is a very powerful feature!!!

Bertalan Fodor írta:
This is not a special notehead, but a special stem, see: AFAIK it is not easy to get this in LilyPond. Perhaps you can override the stencil of the Stem drawer, to draw the original stem, and draw an x on this.

Mats Bengtsson írta:
I hope you have read the section on "Special noteheads" in the manual,
which shows how to get a cross (see also the referenced example If you want the same symbol regardless of the
duration, you can use c4*2 for half notes and so on, see "Scaling durations".

René Bastian wrote:
Dear list,

I need the "sprechgesang" symbol (a stem with an x, as in Schoenberg's Pierrot Lunaire) ; I did'nt find it.

"See- -ro-se dient als Boot"