Re: problems with german umlauts

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: problems with german umlauts
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:16:42 +0100

BTW I don't understand all this unicode business. Most european characters can be accessed within ascii. Why should we have to go to unicode to get them?
Because most accented European characters can not be accessed within ascii :-) It greatly simplifies things, you know that everything is UTF-8, so don't have to care with encodings.

Bert