RE: PNG size issue

From: lala lala
Subject: RE: PNG size issue
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:43:59 +0100

I use debian Linux and lily 2.10.6 (installed with provided installer). (but I reproduce it on windows XP too). In fact on linux, the lilypond trace says that lily use gs version 8.55 SVN pre release. And on my debian system I got an old version (8.01) of ghostscript. That's why running the gs command  a second time makes it works ...

What OS do you use ? is it the same version of ghostscript and lilypond ? Is it to tell lily to use the system gs instead of the one provided in the distribution ?

Regarding the color, I don't understand your question. I try to use #(ly:set-option pixmap-format "pngmono"). Is there another way to do ? because that break ghostscript 8.55 too (but run well with gs 8.01 ...)

Thanks !

Nicolas

> Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:16:10 +0100
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: PNG size issue
>
> What operating system do you use?
> When I tried it here, I got a 595x842px PNG file directly.
>
> Regarding black/white, isn't it just to avoid using setting the color
> property in your
> LilyPond files? ;-)
> Otherwise, I recommend you to search in the documentation for Ghostscript or
> any graphics processing program such as convert on Linux.
>
> /Mats
>
> lala lala wrote:
> > Hi all !
> >
> > I have a problem with a png file generated with lilypond. Here is my
> > lily file :
> > \version "2.10.6"
> > #(ly:set-option 'point-and-click #f)
> >
> > \header {
> > title = "toto"
> > }
> >
> > \paper {
> > #(set-paper-size "a4")
> > }
> >
> > melody = \relative c' {
> > \clef treble
> > \key c \major
> > \time 4/4
> >
> > a4 b c d
> > }
> >
> > \score {
> > \new Staff \melody
> > \layout { }
> > }
> > }
> >
> > I run : lilypond --verbose --png -dresolution=72 --pdf test.ly
> >
> > As paper-size is A4 and resolution is 72dpi the resulting png must be
> > 595 x 842 px BUT it's 612 x 792 px (that is an US-letter with the same
> > resolution ..)
> > On a multipage sheet, I got several png with the good size.
> >
> > More weird : if I check lily output I see that lily call :
> > gs -dEPSCrop -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 -dTextAlphaBits=4 -dNOPAUSE
> > -sDEVICE=png16m -sOutputFile="test.png" -r72 "test.ps" -c quit
> >
> > When I executed this line after running lilypond my PNG is overwritted
> > by a PNG with the good size !
> >
> > Is it a bug ? Or do I miss something ?
> >
> > PS : by the way, is there a way to specify that I want only black and
> > white PNG ??

> --
> Mats Bengtsson
> Signal Processing
> Signals, Sensors and Systems
> Royal Institute of Technology
> SE-100 44 STOCKHOLM
> Sweden
> Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
> Fax: (+46) 8 790 7260
> Email: address@hidden
> WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Avec Windows Live Spaces, publiez directement des messages électroniques sur votre blog ou ajoutez-y des photos, des blagues et d'autres infos. C'est gratuit !