Re: Glissando notation?

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re: Glissando notation?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:38:46 -0800

In my experience, having played a number of pieces with glissandi, "rips" to us horn players, the straight line notation is quite common. I've seen both.

I input some pieces with glissandi and tried the zigzag option but it didn't look right to me, as I'm not used to to seeing it done that way, so I went back to the default.
If I had seen the trill option, and I had tried it and it worked, I might have left it in, but the straight line option is OK.

Tim Reeves