a 'linux guitar'

From: Mike Blackstock
Subject: a 'linux guitar'
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:42:43 -0500

I hope this isn't too far off topic; maybe Lilypond
could somehow be fit into the thing as a music-printing
engine or something:

from http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/01/31/1951219

"It would have an iPod running Linux plugged in,
that would allow me to record the music that was
played on it." He shared the idea with David Patrick,
the proprietor of the linuxcaffe, and through some
brainstorming came up with the idea for an "open source"
electric guitar -- designed from the ground up by
community consensus and fitted with Linux technology.
"We hashed out ideas about what the ultimate guitar
would be -- running a full Linux operating system and
with all the capabilities of a recording studio."