Re: Lyric and Stanza collision

From: Fred Leason
Subject: Re: Lyric and Stanza collision
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:47:05 -0600

Thanks for taking a look at this.

I thought about inserting invisible bar lines to allow more natural breaking on long strings of lyric text. But for that to look right, there would need to be a way to optionally re-print the reciting tone at the beginning of the new line. I don't know if that is possible. I also thought of forcing a break after every phrase, but that spreads the music out too much over more pages.

It looks like abandoning the \set stanza in favor of the text \markup addresses the horizontal collision problem. I just need to figure out how to get the reciting note to align with the first lyric text.