Re: How to use global variables with \Markup

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to use global variables with \Markup
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 08:06:43 +0100

Paul Harouff wrote:
You didn't understand my question.

I have 12 verses interspersed between the scores. I want to type all of the
verses in one spot at the beginning of the file, just like choral lyrics. I
don't want to have to search the file and edit every \markup to revise the
text every week.

Is there a way to create global variables of text and reference them in the
\markup blocks?

Sure:

verseI = \markup{"Here is some text for verse 1"}
verseII = \markup{"Here is some other text for verse 2"}

\verseI
\score{
 \relative c'{ c d e f }
}