Re: Reorganizing the contents of the \paper block

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Reorganizing the contents of the \paper block
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 09:12:04 +0100

Trevor Bača wrote:

\layout has another function, although it may be a special case of one
of its other uses. If a \score block contains a \midi block the
\layout block is needed if PDF output is also desired.

Ah right. I remember that coming up a while back.

OK, duly noted. If there's support for the layout + paper -> settings
proposal, then we'll have to find a way to tell lily to produce a PDF
even when there's no \settings block. Sounds like a good candidate for
a commandline switch.
Only as long as you can specify it also for each \score block within the
file in a simple manner. Remember that one main reason to have a score
block where you don't want printed output is if you make separate score
blocks for MIDI and for printed output in the same file, for example to
expand repeats and so on.

  /Mats