Re: Reorganizing the contents of the \paper block

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Reorganizing the contents of the \paper block
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 11:07:50 +0100

Trevor Bača escreveu:

> Note that this is not a zero-code proposal, however: the idea of
> collapsing \paper and \layout is a pretty serious structural change,
> even though I think it makes extremely good sense.

It's actually not. Inside the code it's already implemented like that.
The difference between paper and layout is that paper has a

  is-paper = ##t

setting.

What you're really losing is the ability to set a default for the \layout
block.

> Perhaps if we wind up wanting to collapse \layout and \paper, then we
> can simply rip \context blocks out and leave them as free-standing
> elements within a \score. But this is a sidenote until we consider
> whether collapsing \paper and \layout even makes sense.]

No, I think that in this case, the \context  definitions have to  go into
\settings as well, ie. in the \book wide settings.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com