Re: where to specify bar number commands?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: where to specify bar number commands?
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 10:46:02 -0600

On 2/10/07, Ed Stauff <address@hidden> wrote:
I wrote:
 > > I'm trying to turn off bar numbers using the following command,
 > > as specified in the documentation:
 >
 > > \property Score.BarNumber \override #'break-visibility =
 > > #end-of-line-invisible

Graham Percival replied:
 >That syntax is at least two years old.  Please read the documentation
 >for your lilypond version -- hopefully this is 2.10.x.

I did read the documentation before posting.  My documentation was
useless on this point.  It didn't explain the syntax, but merely cited
an example with a link to a file that was missing
(input/test/bar-number-regular-interval.ly).  I went to the on-line
docs, which is where I got the syntax cited above.  I see now that the
online docs are for version 1.6.12.  They should be replaced by the
latest docs, or at least deleted so people don't get confused.

So...

How do I turn off bar numbers, or set them to once-every-N-bars?  I'm
using version 2.8.8.

Try

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.11.16"

\new Score \with {
  \override BarNumber #'break-visibility = #all-visible
  barNumberVisibility = #(every-nth-bar-number-visible 2)
} {
  \new Staff {
     c'1
     c'1