Rehearsal Mark Spacing

From: Bryan Stanbridge
Subject: Rehearsal Mark Spacing
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:50:54 -0500

Greetings,

I'm wondering if there's something special about first bars that maybe I'm missing, but here's what I want to do:

I would like to have this RehearsalMark object appear at the beginning of the score, but have it not affect the spacing of the measures below it. Here's a small example to show what I want, and my surprise that no-spacing-rods doesn't seem to work here. I used the repeat just to make sure it floats to the second line, in case it was just the alignment playing an issue, but I don't think that's it.

Any ideas?

\version "2.10.16"

\score {
  \new Staff {
    \time 3/4
    \override Score.RehearsalMark #'no-spacing-rods = ##f
    \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #-1
    \mark \markup {\large \bold "Peacefully, yet joyously" }
    R2.*2 |
    \repeat unfold 15 { r2 <es'' es'''>4 }

Thanks!

Cheers,