Catching error messages

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Catching error messages
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 22:51:24 +1100

Hi folks,

I'm trying to batch process a whole lot (150+) of ly files. I'm able
to process them, but a lot of them are producing errors that I'd like
to be able to catch in some organised way. I've tried simply directing
stdout to a file, but that doesn't seem to work (I'm running Debian
GNU/Linux, BTW).

I'd love to be able to specify a log file for either each file or the
entire run. Does this exist? If not, does anyone have any idea how I
might be able to do this?

Cameron Horsburgh